Thursday, September 25, 2008

Switching gears

Today was the final test for the intensive language course that the other program participants and myself have been taking for the past four weeks. It's quite satisfying to finally be done with it. I'm really looking forward to things from here on out. Having class for 5 to 6 hours a day every day of the week and a significant amount of homework most night has been somewhat disappointing, partly because it is all time spent hanging out with other Americans and not being able to explore Munich on my own as much as I would like to.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get in one more visit to Oktoberfest because on Monday, we are heading to the Hauptstadt (Berlin, that is), for a five day trip. I'm a little worried that the trip might be too packed with organized activities, but I'm excited nonetheless because Berlin is just plain cool, and I had such a great time when I visited it last summer.

Meanwhile, classes at the university here start 2 weeks from Monday, and I've been busy trying to figure out what classes I'm going to take and how one needs to sign up for them (it's different for every class and every department). I'm excited to begin taking classes with other Germans though.

Schöne Wochenende!

-TG-

No comments: