Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Die erste Woche


As I head into my second week in Munich, I'm still having a blast. We have a bit more homework from the language course, which I find unfortunate, but I still can't help but go outside and enjoy Munich as much as possible, as the weather has been great.

For my first Saturday in Munich, I got a group of my fellow students to come with me to a nearby lake, Ammersee, to enjoy the especially warm weather. It took a little over an hour to get there with the regional/commuter rail (not including having to work out the rather complex manner in which to pay for the trip), but it was well worth it.



This is the awesome little spot we found along the lake. Beautiful, clear water? Check. Dock for jumping off? Check.


Nice grass for sunbathing? Check. Beach volleyball court and beer stand? Check check.


And this was a beautiful old house that was part of a small tennis club or something that we walked by.


And we enjoyed a small picnic on our fun little day trip.

Tomorrow, instead of having our language course, we're going to visit the King Ludwig castles, including the ever famous Neuschwanstein. I can only hope it's as cool as it looks in pictures.

-TG-

No comments: